Council of ACT Motor Clubs (CACTMC)
The Council of ACT Motor Clubs (CACTMC) was incorporated in the ACT in 1985.
Canberra has the highest number, per capita, of motoring enthusiasts in Australia.
If you are a local motoring enthusiast, we urge you to join one of the local motoring clubs, and if you are already a member, ensure that your club is also affiliated with the Council of ACT Motor Clubs.
The Council of ACT Motor Clubs comprises approximately 150 Delegates. Delegates must be a member of an affiliated clubs. Each club nominates two of its members to be their Delegate, to represent that club at Council. The Council Committee is then elected from and by these club delegates.
The Council of ACT Motor Clubs has been appointed as the sole interlocutor for the ACT Government on all matters relating to policy, regulation and concessional registration on all matters relating to affiliated clubs.
The Council of ACT Motor Clubs also raises issues of national importance via the Australian Historic Motoring Federation (AHMF).
Refer to the "Affiliates" page for a current list of CACTMC affiliated Clubs & Associations.
Council's objects are to:
- be the peak body for motoring organisations (clubs, associations etc.) in the ACT and Canberra Region;
- promote motoring activities for motoring enthusiast within its jurisdiction;
- be an advocate for Affiliated bodies on motoring issues within its jurisdiction;
- administer the various Vintage, Veteran, Classic and Modified concessional registration schemes, as applicable, on behalf of ACT RTA and NSW RMS; and
- engage, and work cooperatively with, other peak and peer motoring organisations in adjacent regional and national jurisdictions.
Advocacy and Advice
CACTMC acts as an advocate on behalf of all affiliated motoring clubs in the ACT in dealings with the ACT Road Transport Authority (RTA).
Matters in which CACTMC has acted include: historic registration and operation of the heritage vehicles; modifications policy; changes to existing laws, regulations and rules.
Advice is available to clubs on various sites for automotive displays within the ACT and regional NSW. CACTMC will also assist in negotiations with the ACT Government and NSW Councils for access to appropriate sites.
|Position||Representative||Affiliated Club or Association|
|President||Mark Saunders||Veteran Vintage and Classic Motorcycle Club of Canberra|
|Vice President||Sheila Rasanen||Chrysler Club of Canberra|
|Secretary||Ray Arbon||Ford Performance Club of ACT|
|Treasurer||Ian Constantine||FX-FJ Car Club of Canberra|
|Registrar||Dave Rogers||Triumph Car Club ACT|
|Public Relations||Graham Gittins||Antique & Classic Club of Canberra|
|Committee||Dave Barbalet||Meteors Car Club|
|Public Officer||Alec McKernan||ACT Vintage Motor Club|
|Web||Peter Atkinson||Alpine Alfisti Association of Australia|
|Marques In The Park||Steve Dascarolis||American Car Club|
CACTMC recognises three categories of affiliation:
- Affiliate: Non-commercial, motoring club or association, fee paying and eligible to vote: Clubs and associations for motoring enthusiasts, located in the Australian Capital Territory and regional areas of NSW that endorse the stated objects and purpose of Council and agree to support and abide by the Constitution of Council;
- Associate: Commercial, motoring related business, fee paying but not eligible to vote; Entities with an interest in motoring, but not motoring clubs, that offer services to Affiliates and agree to support and abide by the constitution of Council; e.g. Insurance, Retail, Commercial entities;
- Honorary: Non-commercial organisation, museum or historical association catering for motoring enthusiasts. Non-fee paying, not eligible to vote. Entities that support the objects and purposes of Council and provide or promoting non commercial services for the motoring enthusiast, motoring fraternity or general public. e.g. Museum or motoring restoration or preservation facility.
The Annual Affiliation Fees are due on 1st July each year.
The fees for Affiliates are:
- Small: 1-49 members; $40 pa
- Medium: 50-149 members; $75 pa
- Large: 150+ members; $200 pa
General Meetings of Council are held as follows:
- When: third (3rd) Thursday of each month
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Venue: Raiders Weston, 1 Liardet St, Weston
- Exception: no Council meeting in December
- Attendance: Council Executive and Delegates of Affiliated clubs.
Members of affiliated clubs are welcome to attend.
You can also find us on Facebook
Click here for CACTMC's Facebook pages